[riena-dev] what is in the source bundle ?

I would like to start a discussion what belongs into a source bundle.

Currently we are putting basically all the stuff in there that can be used for reference (at development time) from riena like source files.

So the bin jar contains
- class binary files
- schemas
- /icons directories
- plugin.xml
- about.html

the src jar contains
- class source files
- about.html
- plugin.properties

The usecase is now that I import (with source code) a bundle, I like to patch it and reexport it into a new jar and source jar. And the question is, do we supply enough content for that.

Now if you import a bundle with source code, you get all the content from bin AND source jar and the class binary files are obviously compiled again in your workspace.

One thing that was noted is that we dont supply is build.properties. Other eclipse projects also dont supply them. We also have sometimes .gifs in the source tree that are in the middle of the classes hierarchy) (http://bugs.eclipse.org/303598). Those end up being in the bin jar but not in the source jar (which seems wrong).

Any feedback from committers, contributers or community is highly appreciated....

christian

compeople AG
Untermainanlage 8
60329 Frankfurt/Main
fon: 069 / 27 22 18 0
fax: 069 / 27 22 18 22
web: www.compeople.de
Vorstand: Jürgen Wiesmaier
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Christian Glanz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt/Main
Handelsregister Frankfurt HRB 56759
Ust-Ident.-Nr: DE207665352