[riena-dev] SWTDesigner and Riena Views

hi,

for me its very important that I can design my Riena Views using a designer tool like SWTDesigner.

After emailing Eric Clayberg from Instatiations:

1. latest release from SWTDesigner now accept basicCreatePartControl(),
so we can open a view without a problem

2. Riena comitters can get a full version:
http://www.instantiations.com/company/opensource.html

3. Eric needs more information with small examples to see if SWTDesigner can be used better for Riena

For me as an user I would like to get following:
a) connect a Riena Controller to a View which means:
SWTDesigner analyzes
...extends SubModuleView<CustomerDetailsSubModuleController>...
to know where's the controller
b) from the controller SWTDesigner can get the bean(s) from datamodel
c) the widget in the view 'knows' the corresponding property in the controller
so SWTDesigner can generate:
- in viewpart code like
TextRidget textFacade = new TextRidget();
textFacade.setUIControl(numberText);
getController().setNumberFacade(textFacade);
- in controller code like
numberFacade.bindToModel(customer, "customerNumber"); //$NON-NLS-1$
numberFacade.updateFromModel();
   public ITextRidget getNumberFacade() {
       return numberFacade;
   }

   public void setNumberFacade(ITextRidget numberFacade) {
       this.numberFacade = numberFacade;
   }

SWTDesigner can work with beans and jface_databinding, so I think it could be possible
to do generation

I dont know if I have described it correct or understand it correct how riena views are working, but I'm hoping that you Riena experts can make a good example for Eric and the Instantiations team
to make it work

from sessions at EclipseSummitEurope I know, that I'm not the only one who needs such a support - I think its a common thing in enterprise business application - projects, that there's a UI designer to
design complex Views.

Christian Campo has Erics mailaddress

thanks

ekke
BTW: not all of the Views have to be designed - each project also has a number of views with CRUD functionality which can be generated. we have nearly finished a new project 'redView' which means
Riena EMF Dynamic View
where you have an EMF ecore model for the View,
a ViewDesigner to rearrange the order of fields, markers, validation etc.
persist those changes
and a dynamically generated Composite
stay tuned... if its ready to try out I'll post it here
ekke

Back to the top