[riena-dev] Modifying the Navigation from a Command Handler

Here's something I was wondering about (also in the light of making
Riena more usable for Eclispe developers):

Today, I tried to change the Navigation tree from an Eclipse command
handler (standard mechanism for additing functionality to menus /
toolbar). In my code I would like to modify the navigation tree from the
execute method:

public class OpenViewHandler extends AbstractHandler implements IHandler
{
	public Object execute(ExecutionEvent event) {
		// modify navigation tree here
	}
}

What is the recommeded way to do this?

In the existing code all classes that modify the navigation are either
subclasses of NavigationNodeController or have a reference to a
controller, which doesn't work in my case.

Thanks,
Elias.

Back to the top