Re: [riena-dev] Riena New & Noteworthy?

hi elias,

I'm not a Rienaer - only try to use it,
perhaps later I'll also distribute something - we'll see

Christian Campo invited me, also to post messages here, so I'll do it ;-)

N&N would be really great, because its not easy to understand all what you're doing
only knowing the slides from EclipseCon and watching this list and the newsgroup

beside this - also some white papers about the architecture would be good,
per ex. for my project its a must-have to design the views using a GUI designer tool
(in my case SWTDesigner), but SWTDesigner cannot open the Riena Views,
so I have to figure out what I have to do to use "normal" View Parts together with
Riena and thats not easy without knowledge about the concepts
(you should also remember that users like me never have seen the old Swing
application you're always talk about)

over all I like the Riena project and will use Remoting and ObjectTransactions
and perhaps GUI

thanks for your good work

ekke

Volanakis, Elias schrieb:
Hi Rienaers,

I noticed that our download page does not include any new & noteworthy
information for M3, that highlights the interesting changes for this
milestone.

>From my POV, not having one is a missed opportunity to show off the
progress we've been making. Plus, most Eclipse projects provide that
kind of information.

Would we like to have a N&N for M3/the future?

In my experience it is much easier to keep updating the N&N as we go,
instead of creating one before the milestone/release. With RAP we have
been publishing a N&N for each milestone and merged everything together
on one page before the release.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Elias.

PS: for an example see http://www.eclipse.org/rap/noteworthy/news_11.php

ekkehard gentz
software-architect
erp-consultant
max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
+49 8031 2068 325
mailto:ekkehard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
homepage:http://www.gentz-software.de
opensource:http://ekkehard.org
blog:http://ekkes-corner.org
skype: ekke.gentz
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490

Back to the top