[riena-dev] Status: TreeRidget

Hi everybody,

just a quick update on the things I've been working on:

1. I've commited support for the 3.4 databinding to the TreeRidget last
week. There is a method (*)

bindToModel(
  Object treeRoot,
  Class<? extends Object> treeElementClass,
  String childrenAccessor,
  String valueAccessor);

treeRoot can be any (bean) object that provides appropriate accessor
methods. For convenience there is a TreeNode wrapper in the
org.eclipse.riena.ui.ridgets.tree2 package. See TreeViewController for
an example. The classes in ...ridgets.tree should become obsolete in the
future.

2. For Monday I plan to split the ISelectableRidget into
ISelectableRidget and ISelectableIndexRidget (extending the former). The
2nd inteface will receive the methods related to indexed access, which
only make sense for tables and not for trees.

3. For Tuesday, Wednesday I plan to finish the TreeTable implementation.

Regards,
Elias.

(*) BTW, the bind method may still change a bit. I'm currently favoring

bindToModel(
  Object treeRoot,
  Class<? extends Object> treeElementClass,
  String childrenAccessor,
  String valueAccessor,
  String parentAccessor,
  boolean showRoot);

and

bindToModel(
  Object[] treeRoots,
  Class<? extends Object> treeElementClass,
  String childrenAccessor,
  String valueAccessor,
  String parentAccessor);

---