[rdf4j-dev] JavaEE/JakartaEE and Jetty upgrade

Hi,

I am seeking input as to what I should do with https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/pull/4397! As I have invested quite a lot in preparations for this PR, I would love to see the changes merged somehow.
The CI is now green, and the changes will (almost) resolve https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/3559 (dependency wise, not imports) and https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/4252.

First of all, I wonder if the hack to overcome the potential Solr/ES upgrade blocker is acceptable or not. If not, I would love to get some suggestions on how to solve this issue.

Secondly, I think it makes the most sense to create a new PR and link it to https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/4252 (upgrade to Jetty 10), but also let the PR close https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/3559 (Jakarta migration). An alternative would be to separate the two changes, but that will be slightly more work for me - as there is no BOM for JavaEE, and version 8 is the first version of JakartaEE. WDYT?

Regards,
Erik

Back to the top