Re: [rdf4j-dev] HttpClient upgrade and jsonld-java

Yep, it's been on our backlog for a little while now: https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/3654 .

The problem is nobody available to work on it...

Jeen

On Fri, 5 May 2023, at 19:48, Erik Godding Boye wrote:
Hi,

I created an issue to upgrade to HttpClient 5 in rdf4j: https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/4472. This seems to be blocked by the HttpClient dependency in jsonld-java. Which made me create a jsonld-java issue: https://github.com/jsonld-java/jsonld-java/issues/336.

Today I got a response, and the jsonld-java issue was closed. But the closing comment was interesting! Has anyone ever considered switching Java library for JSON-LD processing  in rdf4j (to https://github.com/filip26/titanium-json-ld)? I have no idea if this would be possible and how much work that would represent, but depending on an unsupported library is not an ideal situation.

Regards,
Erik