Re: [rdf4j-dev] release plan for 2.3

On 20/02/18 10:16, James Leigh wrote:
Hi Jeen et al,

The sooner the better! I merged develop into master as I think that
will be needed for the review process. I also created a PR for rdf4-doc
that explains this.

Sounds good to me. I'm a bit out of touch with the changes to the workflow since I took a step back - do you still create a release branch or do we just release/tag straight from master?

Below is a list of bullet points that I included in a draft of the
release plan. I edited the date, but I'm not sure it is correct, so
please revise it as needed!

You've set it to March 8, which would mean that we'd need to have our doco/IP log approved and the review started by February 28. It's tight, but doable. We can aim for it, and if we don't make it, no harm done.

  * IRI validation in RIO parser/writers
  * Turtle pretty printing blank nodes and relative IRIs
  * xsd:duration operations supported in SPARQL
  * Keep remote transaction alive
  * Change RepositoryManager settings to be more portalble (plain text,
    not binary)
  * jdk9 compatability

Looks good.

Question: do we include the SHACL functionality as an "experimental"/"beta" feature? I'm for it. Possible downside is that we have zero documentation on how to use it.

The label "merged" indicated that the issue has been merged into the
develop branch. I didn't want to close the issue until it was merged
into the master branch. However, now that develop has been merged into
master they should all be closed. I also pushed out some issues to
milestone 2.3.1 already.

Makes sense!

I have also setup the jenkins build instance to build from the both the
master branch and the develop branch, which are currently identical.

Good stuff. One last thing: I saw you linked to the 2.3 milestone for the rdf4j repo in the release notes - should we also add links to that same milestone for the tools and storage repos? Or did you copy over those issues somehow?

Jeen

Back to the top