Re: [rdf4j-dev] GSOC 2017- Request a area to Contribute in Eclipse RDF4J

Hi Heshan,

First and foremost: welcome, and great that you’re interested in contributing to RDF4J!

The first steps in getting your GSoC project on the rails involve you writing a proposal, to be sent in to GSoC. See http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/writing-a-proposal/ for information on how to write good proposals. What I suggest you do is start working on a first draft of this, asking questions here about any technical aspects (scope, architecture, use case, etc) that we can coach you on. I expect you to be pro-active in this: think up possible benefits and use cases that you see, and put them up for feedback by us.

The project submission opens on March 20, so it’d be great if we can do a few iterations of your proposal before we arrive at the final submission.

The second thing to take care of is that one of us becomes your mentor for the project. We have a little time to sort this out, for now I think we hopefully coach you as a group.

Cheers,

Jeen