Re: [rdf4j-dev] Hudson build time up from 36 minutes to 52

> On 1 Feb 2017, at 13:20, Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The following commit could have had an impact, even though it was done
> for correctness purposes, otherwise just seems to be the new
> inferencer in the change set for that build, which will add time due
> to it being a new set of tests:
>
> https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/commit/1f352b37d06082300c8c4e8007943adcc885197f

I’ll double check but I did run some local tests and the change seemed to have minimal performance impact (if anything, it looked slightly quicker because it does fewer inserts).

The build time increase mostly seems to have to do with the compliance tests for the new schema-caching inferencer. I noticed a few things:

1. There is a compliance suite for a configuration combining the new reasoner with the SPIN reasoner - which seems superfluous
2. In general, a lot of the compliance tests are executed multiple times (once for each isolation level), even though the test in question is not actually about testing behaviour under different isolation levels. We shouldn’t get rid of this completely but I do think it can be trimmed a bit.

Something unrelated: ForwardChainingSchemaCachingRDFSInferencer really is too long and unwieldy a name, after all. I’d like to get rid of the “ForwardChaining” bit (especially since it’s not even accurate as the reasoner is not strictly rule-based). I’m going to put a last-minute PR with this name change, people can shoot at it there if they want.

Jeen

Back to the top