Re: [rdf4j-dev] RDF4J integration for Commons RDF

Hi Stian,

I see Peter Ansell has already done quite a comprehensive code review, and as he’s more familiar with Commons RDF than I am, I expect I will have little to add. Just wanted to say that it looks like a great job.

As for your question:

> On 29 Sep. 2016, at 20:36, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> One of the things I was not sure of was how to represent with RDF4J
> 'statements' that are in multiple contexts.

> I assume as an RDF4J Graph that show each statement as a single Triple
> (effectively a union graph ; removing would delete the Statement from
> all contexts),
>
> .. and an RDF4J Dataset it should be multiple Quads (removing would
> remove the graph from the Contexts) - am I right that in RDF4J such a
> 'trimming' of contexts must be done by removing and adding a modified
> Statement?

I don’t fully understand the question. In RDF4J each individual statement object is indeed a quad, and therefore a statement that appears in multiple named graphs is represented by multiple statement objects. RDF4J has no separate notions of Graph and Dataset - both can be represented by a Model.

Not sure any of this helps you. Can you elaborate on the problem?

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top