[rap-dev] build chains for RAP 3.1

Hi everyone,

today I streamlined our builds a bit and updated the Hudson jobs for the RAP 3.1 builds from master. The most important change is the removal of the old shell script that was still in use in the rap-head-runtime build. With this removal the Gerrit verification job and the other build jobs from master are basically the same.

There are now two build chains:

RAP Runtime

1. rap-head-runtime - unsigned, but with tests enabled
2. rap-head-runtime-signed - triggered by rap-head-runtime if stable, signing/pack200 enabled but without tests
3. rap-head-publish - copies the signed output to the download server

There are three important changes: (a) We actually *copy* the results to the download server instead of using a composite repository that points back to the build server (the repo URL remains unchanged). And (b) the published content is *always* signed on the download server, even the nightly builds. Finally (c): All signed builds are configured to use the artifacts from a baseline repository if they are equal.

RAP Tools

1. rap-head-tools - signed and with tests enabled
2. rap-head-publish - copies the signed output to the download server

Still room for improvement but I think this is a good step forward.

Regards,
Markus

Back to the top