[rap-dev] Updated Service Release

Hi all,

Between the Mars and Mars.1 release, two issues have been introduced
in the base platform that can lead to exceptions in RAP apps (bug
479113 and bug 479115). Unfortunately, the affected Equinox / Jetty
bundles are included in the RAP 3.0.1 (“SR1”) service release, so
upgrading from RAP 3.0.0 to the RAP 3.0.1 target platform can
potentially break productive applications.

To make the transition to RAP 3.0.1 safe, we provide an update of the
SR1 service release, named SR1a, that includes the platform bundles
from the Mars release that are known to work. The RAP bundles
(org.eclipse.rap*) in SR1a are identical to the ones in SR1.

An updated ZIP file is available on our download page [1]. The
repository at [2] is also updated.

We know that some of our users rely on a safe upgrade to SRs. We're
considering not to include platform updates in SRs anymore.

Regards,
Ralf

[1] http://eclipse.org/rap/downloads/
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/3.0 (p2 repo, not a website)