Re: [rap-dev] B3 aggregation fails

Exactly. And I think an additional plus of this approach is that it makes it easier for consumers (i.e. other developers) to create a well defined target definition based on your feature definition.

Regards,
Markus

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Ken Lee <Ken.Lee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for your quick responses.

Yes, this is more or less what I thought of. I guess we need to provide a feature that includes all necessary bundles (Batik, etc.), i.e. something similar to your RAP equinox feature [1].

We will provide such a feature for Kepler M7.

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/rap/blob/master/features/org.eclipse.rap.equinox.target.feature/feature.xml

From: rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rap-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Markus Knauer
Sent: Mittwoch, 20. März 2013 15:43

To: RAP project development-related communication
Subject: Re: [rap-dev] B3 aggregation fails

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Ken Lee <Ken.Lee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, this is the first time we provide a Scout-RAP feature for Kepler since we finished our migration to RAP 2.x

I hope everything works so far, maybe we can discuss your migration experience at EclipseCon. Could be interesting for both of us.

Back to your question: Because this turns out to be a Simultaneous Release issue it would be better to ask this on cross-projects-dev mailing list, but since you asked here, I'll write my thoughts here ;-)

The validation sets in b3 are like islands where you ensure that p2 can resolve all dependencies locally. In order to solve your specific problem, it is required to put all dependencies into this validation set, e.g. include all required Batik bundles there. This won't duplicate them because they are in the overall p2 repository anyway (I've seen them there).

As far as I remember it is possible to define a validation set 'inheritance', but I wouldn't suggest to go this way. Instead I would extend the existing validation set.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Markus