[rap-dev] Widget Contribution to RAP Incubator

Hello RAP Team,

As a part of my consulting work for a company called Enelytics LLC., I have written a custom widget implementation of a subset of the charting API provided by Emprise Javascript Charts:

http://www.ejschart.com/index.php

I have permission from Enelytics to contribute this effort back to the community, and I would like to become a committer to the RAP incubator to accomplish this.

Brief Description:

The Emprise Charts are 100% Javascript, and they provide a Personal Edition that is Free. So similarly to how the Google Maps custom RAP widget assumes "personal use" unless a license is purchased, these widgets would be similar.
Current State:

Up to now I have the Bar, Stack, and Line chart implemented.

Intentions:

As a committer I would continue to evolve the project to support more of the API, obviously accepting the input and contributions of the community.  My hope is that this would be a trial for the future contribution of other widgets to the incubator.  My primary job is for the Texas Center for Applied Technology (TCAT), which is an agency of the State of Texas, US.  At TCAT we have developed custom RAP widgets using open-source javascript projects.  I would like to contribute in the future, some of the widgets we currently use to include:

1) Simile Timeline (from MIT)
2) Open Layers Map
3) "Cover flow" widget.

I have spoken to Chris Aniszczyk about it and he recommended to send this email.

Please let me know what is the next step.

Thanks,

Austin Riddle
Software Engineer
Computing and Information Technology Division
Texas Center for Applied Technology
Texas Engineering Experiment Station
Ph. 979-458-7680

Back to the top