[rap-dev] Stress Test

Hi RAP folks,

in a previous posting i have read about stress testing :

…..

  1. Do you have yet experiences with scalability? Especially considering memory consumption (workbench per session) and workload for server side rendering. There have been concerns about scalability discussed during tutorial.

We have a lot of experience with that topic from more than 5 years of W4T. Here are some first stress test results. We stress tested a simple workbench with a couple of views and tables. With 500 concurrent users accessing the application every 5 seconds we had average response times (in a gigabit lan) of 17 ms. The VM was configured with 500 MB of heap, but only used an average of 120 MB maxing at 180 MB. We still had an average response time below 30 ms in a scenario with 1000 concurrent users accessing every 5 seconds. Hardware was a standard Intel Core 2 Duo (TM) based system.

….

Found at http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/rap-dev/msg00015.html

So my question is, how do you perform such a test and what frameworks and tools you have used?

Thanks,

Markus

--

Markus Krekeler

adesso AG                     T +49

Stockholmer Allee 24          F +49

44269 Dortmund                E markus.krekeler@xxxxxxxxx

                              www.adesso.de

           >>> business. people. technology. <<<

adesso AG mit Sitz in Dortmund

Vorstand: Christoph Junge, Michael Kenfenheuer, Rainer Rudolf (Vors.), Dr. Rüdiger Striemer

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Prof. Dr. Volker Gruhn

Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 20663

Back to the top