[rap-dev] RAP Architecture and Communication

Hi,

I still try to understand the rendering phases in RAP.
What I really can´t figure out is, where in the source-code the main
action takes place.
I understand how the different widgets work, together with their LCAs, but
i don´t get the point on the communication between client and server.

What happens, if a client accesses a RAP-Application? I believe, the
JavaScript is calculated on the server and then sent to the client, on the
client, qooxdoo manages the rendering of the widgets.
Now, if some component changes its state ( so it has differences to its
preserved state) , the so called "Deltas" are sent to the client and the
client has only to render the values which have changed, right?
But as I read the code, it seemed to me, that all the JavaScript Code is
sent to the Client everytime something changes.

So I would be very thankful, if someone could give me a short-guide to the
code, especially some classes where I can find:

where the communication happens, especially the "Deltas".
Where does AJAX come into play? I must admit, i don´t know Ajax very well,
so where is this handled?

Thank you for your effort

Martin

Back to the top