Re: [qvto-dev] mechanics of contributing QvtOperationalResourceImpl.save()

Hi

I doubt that org.eclipse.compare will be useful. The whol point of EMFc is that it abstyracts to model-relevant comparison.

"have a look at

    org.eclipse.ocl.examples.xtext.tests.TestUtil.assertSameModel

that exploits

    org.eclipse.xtext.util.EmfFormatter

to give results that play nicely with JUnit."

---

Copying from QVTo is not a problem. If you are copying entire source models, better to just reference them where they are than copy them.

Assuming your contribution exceeds the line limit (1000 lines I think now) it will need IP approval and we can just assert that you/existing QVTo is the 'author'.

If this code is to go into Neon, it needs to go to IP for approval well before release date. The IP team gets quite busy before releases so the sooner the better. Bugs can still be fixed after IP approval.

    Regards

        Ed Willink