Re: [qvto-dev] Oustanding discussion for QVT 1.3 Ballot 3

Hi

On 14/10/2015 11:39, Adolfo Sánchez-Barbudo Herrera wrote:
Traceability, I've tried not to step in more into traceability issues, because you are already receiving feedback from Christopher which has more experience in real world scenarios. I'll have a look to the related resolutions again, and bring comments. Can you please point out the issues so I don't overlook anyone ?.

http://solitaire.omg.org/browse/QVT13#selectedTab=org.omg.jira.task-forces%3Ataskforce-issues-panel&view=HAS_PROPOSAL

is the 'active' work in progress/pending.

Of these QVT13-23/QVT13-99 (and the QVT13-9/QVT13-22 mergeds) are QVTo issues waiting to go in to Ballot 3 this evening.

Access vs extends. Transformation are classes. Just think of what Java does. If you import a class you can optionally instantiate them, if you want to extend you have to explicitly do it in the concrete syntax. In java, it's clearly access by default. Although in Java you can only extend one class (which makes the extend by default stupid), I don't see any convincing argument about why the specification should say the opposite for QVTo transformations. Although both bring interesting points of view, I sympathize with Christopher's arguments rather than Sergey's ones.

This is QVT13-58. We mostly agree that QVT should specify 'access'. We mostly worry that this breaks Eclipse QVTo. If it breaks SmartQVT too, then I can declare 'extends' as de facto practice, rather than Eclipse convenience.

[NB Apparently, I'm allowed to vote in JIRA for QVT 1.3 ballots. I shouldn't be....]
Perhaps on one page, but you'll get trapped later on.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top