[qvto-dev] Oustanding discussion for QVT 1.3 Ballot 3

Hi

I am awaiting comments (today) if the following clarifications/changes are to be revised:

The trace record is created at the start of the init section.

The trace record result fields are initialized at the end of the termination section.

All late resolution property writes occur after all affected properties have been read.

I've added two strong sentences to Trace Record.

A _trace record_ is created by every mapping execution. If execution fails the _out\-parameters_ and _result\-parameters_ are _null_.

A _trace record_ is created or re-used by every mapping invocation. If no mapping is executed, the _executed\-mapping_, _out\-parameters_ and _result\-parameters_ are _null_.

---

Default for access/extends is still undecided.

As an Eclipse QVTo committer, I lean towards no breakage and so extends
As OMG QVT chair, I lean towards common sense and so access

If SmartQVT is/was extends as default then my dilemma goes away.

---

The following discussions are deferred:

Nested transformation trace data remains unspecified. http://solitaire.omg.org/browse/QVT13-124 raised. Suggestion is that it is accessble via Status and additional optional first resolve() Status argument.

     Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top