Re: [qvto-dev] QVT 1.2 RTF Ballot 3 preview 2

Hi,

I don't think that cross-version compatibility of script is a real issue. Moreover statement 'list->reject(…)->clone()' is more self self-descriptive. Operation 'clone()' is defined for all Collections.
Intentional duplication (unlike unintentional when duplicates appear as the result of evolution) is doubtful decision.

Regards,
  Sergey.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Christopher Gerking <christopher.gerking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

> Operation 'List::asList()' duplicates 'List::clone()'. Duplication always has 'bad smell' and should be avoided to not confusing users. Since both operation are

> really the same then the first should be removed.

All other concrete collections support asList(). Thus, it seems only consequent to declare Collection::asList() and redefine it for List. This is especially helpful with respect to your latest fix that changes the return type of List::reject(…) from List to Sequence. Hence, the statement list->reject(…)->asList() is a sensible approach to support different versions of Eclipse QVTo. It requires asList() to be available not only on Sequence, but also on List.

Regards

Christopher

Back to the top