Re: [ptp-user] Synchronized C++ Project Builds Delete Files in .gitignore

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure what you mean by an "include" filter. Unfortunately, there may be a regression with the use of .gitignore files:

PTP sync projects are designed to mirror a remote directory (be as if you were working on the remote machine), except
for not sync'ing files explicitly filtered by the user, such as large data or binary files. The code contains special logic to
correctly handle project-level Git files, such as .gitignore and a .git directory, but that always proved to be a bit tricky and
fragile.

One possible workaround would be to remove (or rename) the .gitignore file while working in Eclipse and restore it when
you submit the work to your project's repository. This could probably be automated, depending on your workflow. Git hooks
might be useful.

John