[ptp-user] synchronize project error: path spec 'Automatic' did not match any file(s) known to git.

Hi,

I am new to PTP and I am trying to setup a synchronized project. I followed the instructions in the documentation and can connect via ssh to the remote server using eclipse with out any issues.
I even see that eclipse manages to log into the remote Linux server and create the .ptp-sync folder.   But then none of the files on mu laptop seem to make it to the remote server and when I tell eclipse to sync i get a pop up with this error message:

org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: error: pathspec ‘Automatic’ did not match any file(s) know to git. error: pathspec ‘Commit’ did not match any file(s) know to git.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem?  I am running eclipse Luna and have just run the update button and it said no updates available so I am assuming I have the latest versions of everything.

Thanks for any help in advanced
Rene

Back to the top