Re: [ptp-user] I can't ignore .gitignore

Hi Christoph,

I have not gotten to this problem yet, but I just tested it and can confirm the following:
	1.  a .gitignore is put in the top level project directory that includes /.ptp_sync
	2.  a .gitignore is put in all of the subdirectories of the project.  These are all empty.

The topic of putting the .gitignore under version control is well-discussed in the broader community:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5765645/should-you-commit-gitignore-into-the-git-repos

Egit's convention seems to be to use .gitignore to manage Eclipse metadata files:
http://www.vogella.com/articles/EGit/article.html#firstegit_gitignore

Therefore, I have begun adding the top-level .gitignore to my repositories and adding the /.settings, .cproject, .project to it.

The .gitignore files in the subdirectories seem to serve no purpose, so I would be OK with them not being created.

Thanks,
Dave