Re: [ptp-user] converting a C project to synchronized project

On Monday, July 08, 2013 12:00:07 John Eblen <jeblen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with the first point. Creating and linking build configurations

> after conversion is simple enough but not as convenient. (A "new" button in

> the wizard is a good idea, but I'm not sure how feasible it is.)

> All build configurations are changed to the sync builder on purpose. In

> Kepler, build configurations can be used for both local and remote builds.

> The sync builder ensures that the build occurs in the right location and

> that pre and post build syncs are done. What was the reason that you needed

> to change it back?

> John

I just tried - leaving the build configurations at sync builder for what I think is the local sync configuration. This still triggers a remote build. I can see it from the directory path /gpfs/fs1, which only exists on the remote host. On the other hand, as I can see from the MPI wrapper ( mpicc as opposed to mpiicc) the build uses the local build configuration - which is invalid remotely (i.e. the build fails).

Only if I switch back to Gnu make builder for the local build configuration, the local build is done correctly - on the local host with the local build configuration.

---- Or am I missing a (well hidden ?) switch somewhere in the menus ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top