Re: [ptp-user] The Remote Toolchain Options in Synchronized C/C++ Project

For a target Linux machine, we recommend "Linux GCC" toolchain for a synchronized project.
"Remote Linux GCC" is intended for (purely) remote projects.
"Compatible" means the platform and compiler should match what you are using on the target machine.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Krime ---05/26/2013 10:26:52 PM---There's a "Remote Linux GCC Tool Chain" option in [Remote ToolchainKrime ---05/26/2013 10:26:52 PM---There's a "Remote Linux GCC Tool Chain" option in [Remote Toolchain] options panel when I create the

Krime <krimelam@xxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

05/26/2013 10:26 PM

[ptp-user] The Remote Toolchain Options in Synchronized C/C++ Project

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

There's a "Remote Linux GCC Tool Chain" option in [Remote Toolchain] options panel when I create the synchronized C/C++ project. As the presentation document SC12 says, the [Remote Toolchain] options should be compatible with the target/server machine. My point is, does the "Remote Linux GCC Tool Chain" option reasonable here? If positive, then why it doesn't match any target/server machine? Otherwise, what and where does it do?
My system specs is Win7 with Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 / PTP 6.0.5
The server specs is Cent OS 6 with OpenMPI 1.4.2
ptp-user mailing list
ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx