From: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Beth Tibbitts [tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 1:57 PM
To: ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; PTP User List
Subject: [ptp-user] Testing for Parallel Package Juno SR2 (RC1 build)

The RC1 (Release Candidate 1) build of Juno SR2 (Service Release 2) of the Parallel Package is now available for testing.
I am posting this to ptp-user as well because some of you have asked, and in fact volunteered (as I interpreted it :)  ) for testing.

Go to the Eclipse downloads page, click on Developer Builds at the top, and click on Juno SR2 RC1 under that.
This should take you there directly: http://eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php?release=juno

If you find problems, you can reply to this thread (preferably by adding something to the end of the subject line about what you found, so we can keep them straight)
or file a Bugzilla.  Note: to quickly file a bugzilla bug, the main PTP wiki page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP has an "Open a new bug for PTP" on the second line under
Developer Resources.  If you don't know how to fill in something in a bug, don't worry, just guess... if you don't change the info that files it as a PTP bug, we'll see it and route it
where it belongs.
Please let us know the platform on which you're testing (OS etc.)

Since Juno SR2, which will be final on Feb 22, is the final release of the Parallel Package, it's really important that we get everything right.
We can always make a new release of PTP, but that's an extra installation step on top of the package, for our new users to do.

Please test!!! Download , bring it up, and try some stuff....

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top