Re: [ptp-user] eclipse console eats output

On Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:00:07 Greg Watson wrote:

> Christoph,

> I'd say it's a buffering issue. Try putting a fflush(stdout) at the end of

> the program to see if that makes any difference.

> Regards,

> Greg

Greg,

as a matter of fact - fflush(stdout) didn't make any difference.

Perhaps not so surprising, as fflush(FILE *stream) is part of stdio.h and acts on stdio streams, while the string "abcdefghij" are written by POSIX write to a POSIX file handle. AFAIK the buffering that ffflush can flush happens in the stdio layer.

But I agree that it looks like a buffering issue, perhaps some buffering in the machinery that picks the output from the program and sends it to the eclipse console ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top