From:        Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        11/28/2012 02:58 PM
Subject:        Re: [ptp-user] Where is the sdm executable ... on AIX ?
Sent by:        ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 20:46:42 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> * remote project (AIX 6.1 on POWER6 with xl compiler suite) - I took the
> very  same zip file (well, I had to repack it as tar.bz2 file), but
> compilation failed for each proxy. There was a gcc installed but configure
> claimed that this didn't work. When I spotted the message 'unknown option
> -qversion' in the config.log, I switched to xlc, as this compiler knows
> -qversion. But xlc sprouted lots of error messages and no binary was
> generated
> (-> so far not a success story)
>
> Any advise ? Is there a special trick for AIX ?

I should have been more specific. Most of the messages the xlc spluttered out
were informational messages. The one that finished the compilation of sdm off
was the following.
xlc_r -I.  -g -g -qinfo=gen -qcpluscmt -g  -o testaif \
testaif-testaif.o libaif.a
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .asprintf
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
make[1]: *** [testaif] Error 8
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/pf/k/k205001/remote_tools/proxy/org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm_6.0.3.201211112147/libaif'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Does this ring a bell with anyone ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards