Re: [ptp-user] question regarding Run configuration

To delete a connection name, use the "Remote Environments" View, which is probably at the bottom of your C/C++ Perspective.
See "Editing Remote Connections" at http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.doc.user%2Fhtml%2FremoteTools.html&anchor=edit
    Scroll all the way to the bottom for "Removing Remote Connections"

All connections now must go through ssh.  Unfortunately for using your local system for the runtime as well.  (Sorry. because of the emphasis on remote/synchronized projects, the local projects didn't get as much attention in this release, and seem to be rarely used.  It's on the list to add back in for the future, let us know if it's important to you - perhaps it is)
        so to use localhost, make sure you can ssh "to yourself" (you need ssh server installed) to make the connection to localhost

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Jun Wang ---11/20/2012 12:18:11 PM---Hello, I'm a new user of PTP. I have a question about the Run coJun Wang ---11/20/2012 12:18:11 PM---Hello, I'm a new user of PTP. I have a question about the Run configuration:

Jun Wang <jwang3734@xxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

11/20/2012 12:18 PM

[ptp-user] question regarding Run configuration

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I'm a new user of PTP. I have a question about the Run configuration:

I'm trying to run an MPI program on my local machine.

When I open "Run configuration" and select "Parallel Application", it requires a
"Connection name". I have 2 problems with this connection name:

1. It seems you can create one, but cannot delete one. In my attempt to get
it to work I created a few, but can't find out how to delete them.

2. Even if I selected localhost, it still attempts to make a SSH connection to
the localhost. How do I tell it to not use SSH and simply run the application?

Thank you very much!

Jun