Re: [ptp-user] check for updates

Christoph,
If you want officially released versions, 6.0.2 isn't "official" yet so you can't using your existing update sites.
Once we release 6.0.2, and assuming you have update sites for eclipse juno as well as ptp-specific in your eclipse installation (which you must if you updated as you said earlier),
then "Check for updates" will work-- because (1) it would update from juno update site [1] since it will be updated for SR1 and (2) it would also have updated from ptp-specific update site [2]

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/juno

And for more excruciating detail, if we had released 6.0.2 prior to Juno, then "Check for updates" would work if you had installed from [2] or had otherwise added that update site to your eclipse.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Christoph Pospiech ---09/25/2012 05:49:57 AM---On Monday, September 24, 2012 12:00:08 ptp-user-requesChristoph Pospiech ---09/25/2012 05:49:57 AM---On Monday, September 24, 2012 12:00:08 ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote: > Christoph, what version

Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

09/25/2012 05:49 AM

Re: [ptp-user] check for updates

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/6.0#Updating_from_the_Parallel_Package_to_a_more_recent_release

> [...]
>
> Does this make sense?
> Hope this helps.

Beth,

that was precisely the information that I was looking for, thanks !

I already did the upgrade from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1. For the upgrade to 6.0.2, do I
need to follow the same instructions or is it back to "check for upgrades" ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing