Re: [ptp-user] check for updates

Christoph, what version of PTP does your eclipse have?
The simultaneous Juno release (released in June) included PTP 6.0.0 and we released a PTP update of PTP 6.0.1 shortly thereafter.
The next PTP will be 6.0.2 this week - with Eclipse Juno SR1.

If you still have 6.0.0 and want 6.0.1 you are probably remembering this information:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/6.0#Updating_from_the_Parallel_Package_to_a_more_recent_release

Note that the "eclipse juno" update site, and the ptp-specific update site, are different.
We can update the ptp-specific update site [2] as often as we need to, but the eclipse juno site [1] is only updated in June, September (SR1) and February (SR2).

[1] Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
[2] http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/juno

Does this make sense?
Hope this helps.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Christoph Pospiech ---09/24/2012 05:20:06 AM---Hi, I just ran "check for updates" and no update was aChristoph Pospiech ---09/24/2012 05:20:06 AM---Hi, I just ran "check for updates" and no update was available. Then I remembered

Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

09/24/2012 05:20 AM

[ptp-user] check for updates

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I just ran "check for updates" and no update was available. Then I remembered
darkly that weeks ago there was an instruction (was it Beth Tibbitts who sent
it around ?) on how to upgrade to the latest version of PTP, which was not
using "check for updates" but "install new software".
Is this instruction still valid ? Could someone point me to it ? Thanks !
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing