[ptp-user] Selecting Fortran fixed or free format

Hi,

Just started using PTP so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. My Fortran source files have the extension ".F" but they are free-format not fixed and Eclipse PTP assumes they are fixed-format based on the the extension.

I tried to change this behaviour in the Eclipse preferences by going to: General->Content Types->Text but the fortan content types all seem to be locked and even if I create a new one I do not get the option to select if it is fixed- or free-format.

Anyone know how to change the type of Fortran content associated with the extension?

Note: this is not my code so I cannot alter the extensions on the files. The *.F files get preprocessed to *.f90 files which are then compiled.

Cheers
Andy

     Dr Andrew R. Turner
  e: a.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  t: +44 (0)131 651 3578
  p: EPCC, University of Edinburgh EH9 3JZ

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Back to the top