Re: [ptp-user] Issues with synchronized projects

Hi

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Dr. David E Hudak <dhudak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

We have been working with Indigo and have switched to Juno.  I have a couple of observations which may be (or may indicate) bugs or just my lack of experience with the environment.

1.  I would like to support users who do not have a local toolchain - they are likely Windows or Mac users whose environment does not match the clusters (no local MPI installation, don't have Intel or PGI compilers).  Right now, I have to just tell them to select "Linux GCC" on the remote side and "Cygwin GCC" on the local side (see attachment), and then uncheck the "Debug_with_Cygwin GCC" and "Release_with_Cygwin GCC" configurations.  That seems ponderous.  Can I have a "No Local Toolchain" option?
You can select zero (or multiple) toolchains on each side. Simply Ctrl-Click the default selected tool-chain to not obtain any local configurations.

2.  I am able to use the module system to set the remote build environment using the "C/C++ Build/Environment Management"  page.  Building works (though mpicc is really using icc under the covers and not GCC as reported by Eclipse - I am assuming that is a relic of selecting the "Linux GCC" remote side toolchain in the project constructor (see attachment).
The name in the console messages are from the toolchain. Thus it is showing GCC instead of ICC.

4.  Now, to try to run the job, I create a

Unfortunately, the space between "Linux" and "GCC" in the COMMAND causes the following problem:

mpiexec: Error: stat_exe: /nfs/07/dhudak/mpipi/Debug_with_Linux: No such file or directory.

I would think that the script generator would know to look for spaces and escape them appropriately.

That seems like a potential bug to me. It might be good to report this at bugs.eclipse.org.

Roland

Thanks,
Dave