Re: [ptp-user] Problems with current PTP

Sorry you're having problems, Michele.
Updating: If you installed the "Eclipse IDE for Parallel Application Developers" ("package") and then did a Help > Check for Updates there probably aren't any updates to *that package.*
But then if you install PTP 5.0.7, from the PTP-specific update site, "already installed and will perform an update instead" is what it should say, yes.
So you did the right thing if you installed the package then updated by installing the most recent PTP.
(Described here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/5.0#Updating_from_the_Parallel_Package_to_a_more_recent_release)

>Then I separately downloaded the "proxy" package (v. 5.0.7) and built the sdm.
Sounds like you correctly did what's described here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/5.0#Install_optional_PTP_server_components

You're running locally (eclipse and the mpi program on the same box) right?
Can you launch and run from PTP/Eclipse?
Can you debug a simple MPI 'hello world' program with the PTP Debugger?
I see you have OpenMPI 1.6
Greg may have other insights....

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Michele De Stefano ---06/16/2012 09:30:52 AM---Yes, I've updated it. A strange thing that happened waMichele De Stefano ---06/16/2012 09:30:52 AM---Yes, I've updated it. A strange thing that happened was that when I tried to update the PTP from

Michele De Stefano <micdestefano@xxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

06/16/2012 09:30 AM

Re: [ptp-user] Problems with current PTP

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I've updated it.

A strange thing that happened was that when I tried to update the PTP from the Eclipse GUI, it did not update anything.
Then I tried to install PTP 5.0.7 and the installer told me that it was already installed and that it would have performed an update instead.

Then I separately downloaded the "proxy" package (v. 5.0.7) and built the sdm.

And I had the problem I described. Some more details. I'm using a Linux CentOS 5.x OS, on a x86_64 machine. I'm using Open MPI 1.6.

Thanks,
Best regards.

Michele