Re: [ptp-user] New PTP user with Synchronization issues

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 06:34:29 Dale Davis  wrote:

> 2nd, my remote build consists of a number of automake configs (which I

> don't have control over) and which generates a number of files which get

> synchronized back.  They are spread into a number of directories.  I don't

> think it's practical to try and add them to the filter list, and since

> synchronization in one direction is not supported, I don't know how to

> avoid them.

Which version of eclipse are you using ? Later versions have a filter option that lets you choose which files to replicate. In case of an automake project, you should filter out files generated by configure (e.g. Makefile, config.status, etc.) or automake.

If you don't, and if you run configure on both sides, and if the resulting Makefiles are different (even a single character), these two changes are turned into two commits for the git repository .ptp-sync which are in (merge) conflict.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top