Re: [ptp-user] MPI_COMM_WORLD woes ** Indigo vs. Iuno (How to turn off Codan Errors)

>Still, when opening the source code, all occurrences of MPI_COMM_WORLD were
> flagged as an error (Bug symbols, not crosses).

Yes, those are codan errors (Codan=Code Analysis)

So it sounds like you got the paths&symbols set correctly, which fixed the bug icons from Codan,
but if you want you can turn off Codan as well, as follows:

There's a slide in our SC11 tutorial (page 3-29) that covers this but here is the synopsis:
- If you see bug icons in the editor marker bar, they are likely suggestions from Codan
--- Code checkers can flag possible errors, even if code is technically correct
- To turn them off, use Preferences > C/C++/ Code Analysis and uncheck all the problems (just a couple of clicks to remove whole categories of things will do the trick)
- After closing preferences, made code analysis re-run by selecting the project, rightmouse, run C/C++ Code Analysis
        I think several other things would force a re-run of code analysis to clear the codan bugs, including a rebuild, which i think you did.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Christoph Pospiech ---04/23/2012 12:06:02 PM---On Friday, April 20, 2012 12:00:09 Christoph Pospiech Christoph Pospiech ---04/23/2012 12:06:02 PM---On Friday, April 20, 2012 12:00:09 Christoph Pospiech wrote: > Hi,

Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

04/23/2012 12:06 PM

Re: [ptp-user] MPI_COMM_WORLD woes ** Indigo vs. Iuno

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Friday, April 20, 2012 12:00:09 Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just trying to convince a current development build of Iuno to accept
> MPI_COMM_WORLD (as defined in mpi.h) as a valid part of the MPI parallel
> program.
>
> I have a simple *.c file, created a git repository out of that
> (git init; git add .; git commit), opened a new eclipse workspace
> (directory  was empty before) and imported from git as general project.
>
> Then I did New->"Convert into C/C++ Project", ticked "C project",
> "Executable"  and "gcc toolchain" - and the build failed, complaining, it
> can't find mpi.h. No surprise, I thought. I opened Properties->C/C++
> Build->Settings and switched the compiler and linker name from gcc to
> mpicc. Then the build was successful. Then I opened the *.c file in the
> editor - and all occurrences of MPI_COMM_WORLD were flagged as an error.
>
> I then opened Properties->C/C++General->Paths and Symbols->Includes, but
> /usr/lib/openmpi/include was already there. That was indeed a surprise.
>
> I decided to scratch the workspace and all eclipse generated files
> (.project,  .cproject ...) and started eclipse Indigo (latest version) to
> do the same. Same outcome, until I opened Properties->C/C++General->Paths
> and Symbols-
> >Includes, which did >NOT< contain /usr/lib/openmpi/include. When I added
> >it,
> eclipse offered to recompile, and after that MPI_COMM_WORLD was no longer
> flagged as error.
>
> Is this a Iuno bug ? Or if not, how can I convince Iuno to make friends
> with  MPI_COMM_WORLD ?

Hi,

one additional bit of information - I scratched everything today and retried
with my current Iuno version. But this time, prior to New->"Convert into C/C++
Project", I wrote a Makefile manually and imported it as a Makefile project.
This time, everything went smoothly.

Still, when opening the source code, all occurrences of MPI_COMM_WORLD were
flagged as an error (Bug symbols, not crosses). But when I added the include
path of mpi.h into ProjectExplorer->project_name->Properties->C++General-
>Paths ans Symbols, the bug symbols went away after reboot.

Me personally, I am all set now. The question is whether something needs to be
fixed when ticking "Executable" when converting into C/C++ Project.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing