Re: [ptp-user] sync project regex example?

On Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:00:07 Denis Davydov wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to exclude all the *.o / *.d files from synchronization,
> can some one please provide a working example?
>
> should it be with "/" or without:
>
> .\.o$    or   /.\.o$/
>
> ?
>
> Another question, is regex applied to directories as well?
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Kind regards,
> Denis.

Denis,

first and important, it is regular expressions, not wild card expansion as in a
shell. So, "." (dot) means any character, including "/". If you really want a
dot, use "\.". Your example would be something like ".*\.[od]". For rules on
regular expressions, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression#POSIX_Basic_Regular_Expressions

Working examples are e.g. (taken from various eclipse workspaces)

text - exclude the file simple_test in all sub directories of Results
regex version - Results/[^\/]+/simple_test

text - exclude sub directories starting with obj_
regex version  obj_.*

Does this help ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top