Re: [ptp-user] remote LML, searching further

Jean-Christophe,

I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to do. Let me clarify a few things:

1. The rdt-server is used for remote (RDT) projects to run the indexer. PTP doesn't use it for anything else. The rdt-server is launched by the RDT framework when the indexer starts.

2. The LML_da_server.pl script is launched by the resource manager (RM) framework by running an ssh command on the target machine every 60 seconds. This should happen automatically when the resource manager is started.

The two frameworks (RDT and RM) are completely independent. The rdt-server should not be trying to launch the LML_da_server.pl script. In fact, this script needs to be stated at the end of a stream as it expects input to be sent to it, and generates output that is read by the RM framework. If you're launching it in any other way, then it will appear to hang (it's actually waiting for input).

Please try the following:

1. Switch to the System Monitoring perspective
2. Create a RM for your (remote) system by right clicking in the Resource Managers view and choosing the appropriate configuration.
3. When the wizard appears, choose "Remote Tools" from the first combo. If you don't already have a connection, click on the "New" button and create a new one. Make sure this is selected in the second combo.
4. Click "Next>" to go to the next page, click "Next>" again, then click "Finish".
5. Right click on the newly created RM, and choose "Start" from the menu.

You should now have a RM running remotely on your target system.

HTH,
Greg