[ptp-user] Eclipse PTP : why "Parallel Application" configuration triggers "Build all" (and not only "Build of the single one MPI project I want to build") ?

Hello,

I'am (very !) new to Eclipse (sotfware and related forums). I didn't find any answer on Google / forums. Please let me know if my question is not supposed to be asked here (and, in this case, where I should post this question).

I use PTP (Eclipse IDE for Parallel Application Developers - Version: Indigo Service Release 1 - Build id: 20110916-0149). My OS is Ubuntu 11.10.

In my workspace, I have a c++ and a fortran projects :
  1. these projects are NOT MPI projects : run and debug related to a "c++/fortran local application" configuration
  2. these projects are stand-alone : not depending on any other project)
  3. both projects run OK : when I run c++ ( resp. fortran ) projet, only the build of c++ ( resp. fortran ) projet is triggered and then project is ran OK.
Then I create a third project : this is MPI project : run and debug related to a "parallel application" configuration. Run and debug are OK but running MPI project triggers always a "build all" (that is building c++ project, then building fortran project, then building and running MPI project).
Note: same behavior if the MPI project is a "Makefile project" or a "Wizard Hello World MPI project"

How to change MPI project settings (search for it but didn't find it), for the MPI project triggers only his own build ?

If I missed to give you some piece of information, tell me.

FH

Back to the top