Re: [ptp-user] Configuration Issues Wiki Page

Thanks Dennis!
Looks like lots of good information there.

You might want to move the page from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Configuration_issues  to something like http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/PTP_Configuration_issues
to make sure it's clear where it belongs, in the wiki space of eclipse (which is huge) and that PTP is in its title.

It probably doesn't belong on the tutorials page though. I'd put the main link on the release notes page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes
which is basically the  "how the end user sets up PTP" page.  I think I'd put a link especially on the 5.0 release notes page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes#PTP_5.0_Release since that is what folks should be using now and probably what you're referencing.

Looks like some good general FAQ stuff... I'd also put a link in the FAQ page http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/FAQ
and phrase the "question" with several keywords to make it easy to find. (things folks are likely to be looking for, googling, etc)

Thanks for pulling together a bunch of info.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for dcastl2---01/05/2012 02:38:55 PM---Dear group, I have set up a wiki page to provide a single outlet odcastl2---01/05/2012 02:38:55 PM---Dear group, I have set up a wiki page to provide a single outlet of information regarding

dcastl2@xxxxxxxxxxx

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

01/05/2012 02:38 PM

[ptp-user] Configuration Issues Wiki Page

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear group,

I have set up a wiki page to provide a single outlet of information regarding
PTP-relevant configuration.  It is entitled 'Configuration issues' and
is located under <
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials>.  Please let
me know if you would like me to move it, re-title or re-style it; or
if you see any errors that you would like corrected, or if you would
like me to add anything to or remove anything from the list.  I would
like to volunteer to maintain this page, adding issues as they come
through the mailing list.

Respectfully,

Dennis Castleberry
dcastl2@xxxxxxxxxxx