Re: [ptp-user] Setting the environment for Eclipse

Beth, Dave -

Jeff is working on an environment management capability for PTP, he had a nice mockup of the modules interface before the holidays –

Jay

From: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Beth Tibbitts
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:33 AM
To: PTP User list
Subject: Re: [ptp-user] Setting the environment for Eclipse

I think the NCSA team is doing something like this.  Jay? Jeff?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for David E Hudak ---01/04/2012 04:03:42 PM---Hi All, I have a new assistant, Tien, who is helping me witDavid E Hudak ---01/04/2012 04:03:42 PM---Hi All, I have a new assistant, Tien, who is helping me with Eclipse PTP support here at OSC.

David E Hudak <dhudak@xxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

01/04/2012 04:03 PM

[ptp-user] Setting the environment for Eclipse

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I have a new assistant, Tien, who is helping me with Eclipse PTP support here at OSC.

My goal is to provide the following workflow.  A user:
1.  Downloads eclipse for parallel application developers
2.  Adds a software site for our center
3.  Using that site, installs "stuff" containing the configuration for building and running on each of our clusters.
a.  Compiler stuff - include and library paths
b.  Resource managers

This is a lot of work, so we decided to start with one thing at a time.  We are focusing on the compiler configuration information - we would like to provide a built-in set of project properties that work with our system.  Previously, I had users  do an import on Properties->C/C++General->Paths and Symbols, but that is too much.  I seem to recall other people have done similar things either for the tutorial or for another HPC center (ORNL?).

For now, we are running Eclipse on the server side and using VNC for the connection, so this may just be a CDT problem.  Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
---
David E. Hudak, Ph.D.          dhudak@xxxxxxx