[ptp-user] synchronized projects and a run/build config mismatch

Hi,

admittedly, this could be regarded as "works as designed". But it is still
easy to plunge into the following behavior - which could cause all sorts of
unwanted effects.

Suppose, we have a synchronized project and the run configuration is a remote
launch. Then, prior to the remote launch, a make is executed - as set up by
synchronized projects. It could be that this is a make on a different host, say
the local host - whatever is set as the active build configuration. This means
that the executable that is re-made and the executable that is started might
be different. Unwanted effects could be e.g. the following.
* The remote launch stops claiming that there is no executable.
* The recompile is due to a source change, but this change is only reflected in
the executable that is re-made, not the one that is actually executed.

Is there any configuration that checks that the remote execution host and the
host for the active build configuration are actually the same ? At least I
would wish for a warning if they are different. Even better, I would wish to
toggle an enforcement that sets the active build configuration to the same host
as the remote launch host if possible.

Would that be possible ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top