[ptp-user] ssh woes

On Monday, December 05, 2011 15:56:56 Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
> I would assume, that Eclipse uses a different encryption algorithm
> for exporting the private key, than the one your original private key
> was encrypted with before. Do you still have the original one? I would
> assume that the DEK-Info is different (3rd line in the file). It might be
> that the Java library for the SSH connection (Jsch) doesn't support the
> encryption algorithm of your original key but the library used for
> import-key does. If that is true we can open a Bug against Jsch. In that
> case it would be good to know how  you encrypted your original key (which
> program, what options), so we can describe how to reproduce the problem.
>
> Roland

Dear Mr. Schulz,

you are right ! I generated a new key pair id_dsa_new and repeated the
process.

cp@sirius:~/.ssh$ grep DEK id_dsa_new*
id_dsa_new:DEK-Info: AES-128-CBC,C64825639F8C1987E6E940CDCB306EC3
id_dsa_new_saved:DEK-Info: DES-EDE3-CBC,401510DA1C84E00C

For sake of completeness, I have wrapped the keys in a tarball and attached
them to this mail. The pass-phrase for both is "trivial". The key that was
exported from eclipse was id_dsa_new_saved.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940