[ptp-user] June PTP User Call: Configurable Resource Managers in PTP 5.0

Dear Colleagues:

Our next monthly PTP User Group call will be this coming Wednesday, June 22 (Eclipse 3.7 release day!) , at 1PM CDT/2PM EDT, at the following coordinates:

Step 1: Dial-In
U.S. & Canada: 866.740.1260

Access Code: 2444696

Step 2: Web Login: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/dkho4bj5391a

Alternative web login: access http://www.readytalk.com, and enter Access Code 2444696

This is also documented at our monthly call wiki page, at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/PTP_User_Meetings#PTP_Monthly_User_Meetings

This month’s call will be a little bit different than previous calls.  We will attempt to introduce a new feature in PTP 5.0, released on June 22, the configurable resource manager, by giving a mini-tutorial on customizing the resource manager.  I’ve scheduled some additional time for the meeting, if we need it – and, I suggest you download the slides (and examples) from

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/resource-managers#Configuring.2FCustomizing_the_Resource_Manager

and have slide 14 at the ready (perhaps as a printout, or whatever is convenient to you) to use as a guide for the tutorial – note that we have a picture of slide 14 posted to this wiki page too, in case this is more convenient.  Then we’ll open up the call for your questions and discussion – all questions are welcome, and no experience is necessary to participate in the call.  We hope to hear from you what is important for you to accomplish your goals.

Please let us know what you would like to see at the next user call – one new feature we have not talked about previously is the remote synchronized project.

Upcoming PTP Events:

June user call – Wednesday, June 22

TG11 tutorial – Monday, July 18 1PM CDT

TG11 Birds of a Feather – scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday, July 19 or 20 –

July user call – Wednesday, July 27 1PM CDT

August face to face user meeting – tentatively scheduled for week of August 22, updates coming soon!

Jay

PS - Our conference software relys on Adobe Flash to display the web content.  Please test your computer (at http://test.readytalk.com) for compatibility prior to the meeting.  Please also note that some distributions of linux (Fedora Core 12, for instance) may not have Flash enabled by default, if so, please follow these steps to enable Flash on your system:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash#For_x86_64

[root@rail Download]# ls
flashplayer10_2_p3_64bit_linux_111710.tar.gz
flash-plugin-10.2.152.27-release.i386.rpm
[root@rail Download]# tar xzvf flashplayer10_2_p3_64bit_linux_111710.tar.gz
libflashplayer.so
[root@rail Download]# mv libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins [root@rail Download]# /usr/lib64/nspluginwrapper/npconfig -i /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
[root@rail Download]#