Re: [ptp-user] no FTP connection in new connection

RSE isn't included in the PTP update site. I *believe* that since PTP uses some parts of RSE, it will find those parts in other update sites you have enabled (since they are pre-reqs)
and install them.
The FTP connection of RSE probably isn't a pre-req of PTP. So installing PTP won't install the FTP connection of RSE since it isn't a pre-requisite.
You did the correct thing to install the parts of RSE you need from the update site for RSE.

It could be that we had unnecessary pre-reqs in RSE for PTP previously, I'm not certain.
That could account for your getting more parts of RSE with the older PTP installation, when PTP didn't require them.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Yevgeny Shifrin ---06/05/2011 04:02:14 AM---Hi, I found the cause for my problem. If I use http://wwwYevgeny Shifrin ---06/05/2011 04:02:14 AM---Hi, I found the cause for my problem. If I use http://www.eclipse.org/tm/, it installs RSE with FTP

Yevgeny Shifrin <Yevgeny.Shifrin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/05/2011 04:02 AM

Re: [ptp-user] no FTP connection in new connection

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I found the cause for my problem. If I use http://www.eclipse.org/tm/, it installs RSE with FTP connection. If I use PTP site, RSE without FTP connection. It there a reason for this difference?