[ptp-user] Console & Job Output view problem

Hi,

I run my MPI jobs via PTP but I encountered a few problems.

First - I have a cluster with 6 computers, using 3 core per node.
I tried to run the job using both Remote Tools & RSE.

I start rse-server (linux) on my server node (os223), and I make a linux connection through PTP (on Remote System Explorer perspective)
Then I open a remote c++ project.
Afterwards I start a resource manager for RSE, connect to the server node.

Until here everything is fine.
I modified the default hostfile in my server node, os223, I added the other hosts.
Therefore, when I connect & start my resource manager, I can see all 6 nodes including os223.

Then I run my job, it goes on without any problem.
BUT:
I see just around 20-30 lines of code, the rest does not appear.
I TRIED:
  • Window -> Preferences -> Parallel Tools -> Console Buffer size to 1 million, or zero. The same
  • Window -> Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Console -> Limit Console Output
But it still show just the same lines.

ANOTHER PROBLEM:
  • I see the output only from the first core of first node: job0:job0.0
  • When I open the other nodes and other cores it produces NullPointerException, or simply opens but shows nothing.
Saying that
Process details
PID: N/A
Program Output

"empty"

in addition, if I give default hostfile on my own local machine, not any of them on the cluster,
and if I start a resource manager on local mode (everything local) it goes on fine and produces output well. At least it produces output on the console, compared to the previous explanation.
BUT again on the first rank, not the others. Only job0:0.0 shows or job9:9.0 but if I try job9:9.2 - nothing.

I use openmpi-1.3.3, is it because I use an old version or is there something else?
I downloaded the last version of eclipse, ptp and other plugins. I couldn't figure out what's going on.

Thanks a lot,

Saygin

Back to the top