[ptp-user] PTP Parallel Debuger - Unable to Determine Process Location

Hello Everyone,

I have installed Eclipse on Ubuntu 10.04, with CDT and PTP.
I pointed the path to debugger executable to ......plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86_64_2.0.0.20080606151 5/bin/sdm

When I run a "Hello World" program it runs successfully in a Run mode,
however when I run it in a Debug mode; I get an error message:

"cannot create routine file:unable to determine process location"

The ONLY SIMILAR ISSUE that I found on the web is that when someone tries
to do parallel debugging for a PHP project:

http://old.nabble.com/help-on-Parallel-Debug-td27869766.html

For which Greg says the following:

Which version of MPICH2 are you using? The problem is caused because the debugger is not able to work out which nodes the processes are on. This information is obtained from the mpdlistjobs command so it may be that the output format has changed.

But unfortunately this doesn't resolve the issue!!

Below is a "toy" program that I am trying to debug:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <mpi.h>

int main (argc, argv)
int argc;
char *argv[];
{
int rank, size;

MPI_Init (&argc, &argv); /* starts MPI */
MPI_Comm_rank (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &rank); /* get current process id */
MPI_Comm_size (MPI_COMM_WORLD, &size); /* get number of processes */
printf( "Hellllo world from process %d of %d\n", rank, size );
MPI_Finalize();
return 0;
}

I have been working days and nights to fix this problem
Please help me to find a solution

Thank you in advance

Alex

Back to the top