[ptp-user] Resource Manager and Build Errors

Hello,

     I've successfully installed the Eclipse SDK with CDT and PTP on Windows Vista.  In addition I have installed MPICH2.  When I go to test out my installation provided in the PTP 3.0 release notes I begin by creating my resource manager and attempt to start it.  I receive 2 errors regarding the non-existence of mpdtrace Discover command and the mpdlistjobs Monitor command.  It appears that my MPICH2 installation lacks these executables.
     Also, when switching to the Parallel Runtime Perspective, Eclipse attempts to compile and build the mpi project I created.  It fails due to a missing mpi compiler, mpicc.
     Does MPICH2 not have these for the windows installer?  Does this even make sense to locally compile, build, and run mpi jobs on Windows Vista?  As far as I understand I should be able to do this.  I have also attempted to install OpenMPI with MinGW but can only get it to configure because make does not recognize the make files.  Right now access to a remote system is not possible as I have not asked the administrator about installing RDT/RSE on the cluster.

Thank you ver much for your time,
Eric Oliver

Back to the top