Re: [ptp-user] checkout of ptp tools repo

Steve,

I tried making a new connection with the following settings:

Host "dev.eclipse.org"
Repository location "/cvsroot/tools"
User "anonymous"
Password blank
Connection type "pserver"
"Use default port" selected
"Validate connection on finish" checked
"Save password" unchecked

This seems to work fine for me. I can only think this must be some problem with your Eclipse installation or a firewall setting.

Regards,
Greg

On Mar 22, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Steven R. Brandt wrote:

> I have attempted several times, and it always fails (times out). I've tried all kinds of options under "configure connection." None of them work. However, if I do this from the command line it works:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:2401/cvsroot/tools checkout org.eclipse.ptp
>
> Why can't I do this inside eclipse? I'm tempted to try and set up a cvs project by hand, but I'm not sure what things need to go in what directories.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve
>
> On 03/19/2010 08:40 AM, Greg Watson wrote:
>> There must be a problem with the server. I'd suggest waiting a while and trying again.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Greg
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2010, at 1:05 PM, "Steven R. Brandt" <sbrandt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I have attempted to follow the instructions for checking out PTP given on
>>>
>>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_30
>>> Host: dev.eclipse.org, Repository path: /cvsroot/tools, User: anonymous
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, it times out. Is some of that data out of date?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve